Monday, July 20, 2009

New Week

So let me update you on my weekend...I WON my racquetball match!  Hooray!  I could definitely tell that the little bit of aerobics I did this week helped ease me into activity again.  I was supposed to go to the Big Step class tonight at the Summit but I whimped out.  I'm still sore from r-ball this weekend.  Every part of me is somehow sore.  I just wanted to wait a bit until some of the soreness goes away before I head back to class.  We are going to San Antonio next week, so I have some matches to make up since I'll be gone this weekend.  This week I have step aerobics tomorrow, a racquetball match Wednesday at the Summit, a doubles match on Thursday, and possibly a singles match during the day on Thursday.  I'm going to attempt to exercise while in San Antonio, but it might just be the 16 oz. curls, or walking around downtown.  

I haven't stepped on the scale just yet...I wanted a couple of weeks to get back into it before I torture myself with a number.  

This summer season of racquetball league play will be interesting.  There are 8 women in our league.  I can already tell that the competition will be intense. This spring I knew that I had a chance to play everyone three times because there were four of us and the league was 12 weeks. This time, there are nine of us and the league is eight weeks.  I've got to be on target if I'm going to have a chance to be in the top three.  After watching some of these women, I doubt it, but I'll give it everything I've got.  

I tried to find a good action picture of r-ball to share, but all I can find at the moment is a picture of me and my husband at the end of season dinner at the club.  Before you even think it...he's not 12....he's 33 just like me!! I'm leaning over him a little so he looks smaller than he is and he's always looked younger.  Stupid men...

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo. Way to go. The only time I ever won a racquetball match opponent had just injured his wrist pretty badly...and was wearing a brace. Even then, it was a close one.

    As for the scale, I can completely understand your reluctance. When I started this thing and learned my weight, my wife asked if that was the biggest I had ever been. I told her that when I was at my biggest I didn't even look at a scale. I have no idea how much I weighed.

    The upside to weighing in early, though, is that you can give yourself credit for every pound of your success. Even those little weeks feel like progress, and it adds fuel to the fire.

    Keep up the awesome work. I look forward to hearing more about your league play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I think the numbers can be motivating, but the real reward is when clothes start feeling looser.

    My tip for sore muscles is more exercise! Gotta get the lactic acid moving out. I love being sore though, it's like a badge of honor. It's been awhile for me though...sad!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete